Tuesday, June 9, 2009

the sun does shine after all.

For the past two days things have not been going in my favor until today. On Sunday I received a call from my boss. She was calling to tell me that I was one of a few that were going to be getting laid off :( Louis Boston is the most exclusive high-end retail stores in the whole city of Boston. They carry designers like Marni, Dries Van Noten, The Row, Balenciaga, and Neil Barret just to name a few. With the current recession clients are no longer able to shop from the store as frequent like they once use to. Louis Boston has 4 floors that include a restaurant, hair salon, men suits/lifestyle, home furnishing, and finally women's. With the lease ending in January 2010 changes are becoming more frequent. Louis Boston has been at its current location for 40 years. They will be relocating to the water front in January the future of this Iconic retail store is looking slim due to lack of funds. With all this being said I lost my dream job.
Having no job isn't an option. Today I awake early and the first thing I had on my mind was to look for a job. This is day 2 of my search and I come across Kate Spade after looking long and hard. I have already applied for that sales position on-line the night before but I thought I would apply in person just to be more assertive. I place my resume on the counter and was handed an application by the present sales associate. As I am filling out the application the manager comes out of the back and walks towards me and says "Chloe oh my god I was just walking out here as we speak to give you a call and ask you to come in for an interview". What a coincidence right? It was so meant to be :) when another door closes another opens. I believe everything happens for a reason. I have an interview on Friday @ 3:00 p.m. Wish me luck!
Believe in sunshine on a cloudy day or when in doubt.

1 comment:

  1. thats awesome girlie! good for you! it really is hard getting a job right now ugh, good luck!

    ReplyDelete